NISKAYUNA — Police chief Dan McManus was one of three Niskayuna employees who tied for the town’s top-paid employees in 2017.
Along with water and sewer superintendent Rich Pollock and comptroller Paul Sebesta, McManus was paid a salary of $126,324.
Seven of the top 10 earners are employed by the police department. Sergeant Frances Wall, the only woman on the list, earned $118,324, including $22,899 in overtime pay. Patrolman Jeffrey Relation brought home $113,834; patrolman James Walsh earned $113,065; and detective sergeant Joseph Twitty’s earnings came to $109,250.
Combined, there were four employees who earned overtime. Combined, that overtime pay came to more than $72,000.
The top 10 salaries in 2017 were:
- Dan McManus, police chief: $126,324
- Rich Pollock, water and sewer superintendent: $126,324
- Paul Sebesta, comptroller: $126,324
- Mike Stevens, deputy police chief: $119,466
- Frances Wall, police sergeant: $118,324
- Matt Yetto, deputy superintendent of water and sewer: $114,425
- Jeffrey Relation, patrolman: $113,834
- James Walsh, patrolman: $113,065
- Ray Smith, highway superintendent: $112,835
- Joseph Twitty, detective sergeant: $109,250