BY MICHAEL KELLY
ITHACA — Maggie Wyngowski led the Niskayuna High School athletes competing at the Nov. 20-21 state championships for girls’ swimming and diving, as the junior picked up a third-place finish in the 200 individual medley.
Wyngowski finished in 2:04.05 to take third place, while Long Beach’s Margaret Aroesty won the event at 1:58.45.
Also posting a strong finish for the Niskayuna girls’ swimming team was senior Anna Vitolins, who came in fourth place in the 100 breaststroke at 1:04.97.
Other Niskayuna entries at the state championships included …
- 200 medley relay: Olivia Hilt, Christina Lau, Vitolins, Wyngowski; 1:50.67; 12th place
- 400 freestyle relay: Elaine Lipkin, Beca Piascik, Clare Stansbury, Wyngowski; 3:36.80; 14th place
- 200 individual medley: Vitolins; 2:09.30; 15th place
- 100 backstroke: Wyngowski; 58.41; 16th place
- 200 individual medley: Lipkin; 2:10.37; 17th place
- 200 freestyle relay: Zoey Ferrara, Lipkin, Piascik, Vitolins; 1:41.73; 34th place
- 100 backstroke: Lipkin; 59.77; 34th place